practice preparation guide
The following are recommendations for players to be practice ready:
- Use the restroom before practice. If practice is moved to Maple Grove Elementary School, there are no restroom facilities available.
- Be on time
- Bring Water Bottle (filled with water)
- Bring and Change into Practice Jersey and Shorts (compression shorts recommended under shorts)
- Bring and Change into Athletic Socks (2 pairs recommended in case one pair gets wet)
- Bring and Change into Athletic Shoes (soccer or football cleats recommended)
- Bring Waterproof Container for personal items like mobile phone, wallet, purse, keys... (Hucket Bucket works great)
- Bring Waterproof Bag (backpack, school clothing)
- Bring and Wear Weather Specific Clothing and Items
- Rain Gear
- Sweatshirt & Sweatpants
- Long-Sleeved Shirts (for under jersey)
- Compression Pants
- Gloves (check out Friction Gloves)
- Knit Cap
- Sunglasses and/or Ball Cap
- Towel (to dry off)
- Bring and Use Seat & Floor Covering (to protect seats, floors and trunk area from wet or muddy clothes/shoes)
- Newspaper (to stuff inside cleats at the conclusion of practice)
If practices are moved to Maple Grove Elementary School, parking is available in the Maple Grove Elementary School parking lots. Parking on the side of the road is prohibited.
The Center Grove Ultimate Club is committed to keeping all student-athletes and coaches safe at outdoor practices. Therefore, the following are Club guidelines in the event of inclement weather or field conditions results in cancellation or postponement of practice:
- When possible, changes in practice locations and times based on weather and field conditions will be communicated by the Head Coach, or his/her designee, by 7:30 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled practice date but no later than 12:00 p.m. of the scheduled practice day. The Head Coach, or his/her designee, will text players and parents via the Club's GroupMe app.
- Changing weather and field conditions during practice will be continually evaluated by the Head Coach or his/her designee. Should conditions be deemed unsafe, the Head Coach, or his/her designee, will be responsible for the decision to cancel/postpone the practice. Cancellations or postponements will be communicated by Head Coach or his/her designee via the Club's Group Me app.