practice PREPARATIOn GUIDE
The following are recommendations for players to be practice ready:
- Use the restroom before traveling to practice (no public restroom available at the Maple Grove Elementary School practice site)
- Be on time
- Bring Water Bottle (filled with water)
- Bring and Change into Practice Jersey and Shorts (compression shorts recommended under shorts)
- Bring and Change into Athletic Shoes (soccer or football cleats recommended)
- Bring and Change into Athletic Socks (2 pairs recommended if case on pair gets wet)
- Bring Waterproof Container for personal items like mobile phone, wallet, purse, keys... (Hucket Bucket works great)
- Bring Waterproof Bag (backpack, school clothing)
- Bring and Wear Weather Specific Clothing and Items
- Rain Gear
- Sweatshirt & Sweatpants
- Long-Sleeved Shirts (for under jersey)
- Compression Pants
- Gloves (check out Friction Gloves)
- Knit Cap
- Sunglasses and/or Ball Cap
- Towel (to dry off)
- Bring and Use Seat & Floor Covering (to protect player's seats, floors and trunk area from wet or muddy clothes/shoes)
- Newspaper (to stuff inside player's cleats at the conclusion of practice)
Parking is available in the Maple Grove Elementary School parking lots. Parking on the side of the road by the practice fields is prohibited; parents included.
The Center Grove Ultimate Club is committed to keeping all student-athletes and coaches safe at outdoor practices. Therefore, the following are Club guidelines in the event of inclement weather or field conditions results in cancellation or postponement of practice:
- When possible, changes in practice locations and times based on weather and field conditions will be communicated by the Head Coach, or his/her designee, by 7:30 p.m. the day prior to the scheduled practice date but no later than 12:00 p.m. of the scheduled practice day. The Head Coach, or his/her designee, will text players and parents on his/her team via the CGUC Players GroupMe app and the CGUC Parents' GroupMe app.
- Changing weather and field conditions during practice will be continually evaluated by the Head Coach or his/her designee. Should conditions be deemed unsafe, the Head Coach, or his/her designee, will be responsible for the decision to cancel/postpone the practice. Cancellations or postponements will be communicated by Head Coach or his/her designee via CGUC Parents Group Me app.
- Parents are encouraged to have a back-up transportation plan for their player(s) in the event a practice is cancelled or postponed. Parents are encouraged to use the CGUC Parent Group Me app to work with other parents to develop their back-up plans.